Placeholder

Placeholder

Thursday 4 February 2016

Fahima Munene & Steven Payne - Completed Character Models

Today I've been putting together the models for the Male, Female and Child characters. They've been pretty simple to thanks to their incredibly basic and similar shape.


I have also rigged and skinned the Female character, and the Male and Child characters shouldn't take too long to rig either.

This particular render, combining a Mental Ray colour render and an outline rendered with Maya Software, has me reconsidering my rendering strategy. This approach works quite nicely with the environments, but not so much with the characters, I feel. I may have to experiment with some flatter, more traditionally cartoony rendering methods to achieve something that feels at home with the painting.

1 comment: